woensdag 22 oktober 2014

Diwali Festival and Happy B-day Bob


Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow is the Diwali Festival and it is also the birthday of the sweet Roberta over at Bob Plays with Polish. She asked on her blog and facebook if people wanted to join her Birthday Party and do a Diwali mani. I always love learning more about other cultures. So of course I also wanted to do a Diwali mani for her birthday.

Diwali also known as Deepavali and the "festival of lights", is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated in autumn every year.The festival spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, good over evil, and hope over despair.

I googled images and read about it and this is what I came up with. I was inspired by all the candles and the red/orange color tones.


A gradient base with Kleancolor metallic red and metallic orange. Stamped the swirly image with Konad SN yellow and XL plate O and stamped the candles with Konad SN white from Winstonia W215 (later colored over the candles with black, blue orange and yellow).

And another picture.


I forgot to take a picture of just the gradient base..sorry.


Happy Birthday Roberta! Hope you have a lovely day and may all your wishes come true.

And for those who celebrate Diwali..I wish you all a Happy Diwali Festival :) It sounds like a beautiful thing.

Thanks for reading.

xoxox



3 opmerkingen:

  1. I love your mani. The candles are so cute.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow, you are very creative! Very lovely manicure for Diwali. My wife would love to have like that for Diwali 2015 celebration. ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen