zondag 30 januari 2011

I'm from Holland, can you tell?

For the Show us your country challenge on Parokeets I have made some typical Dutch nails :)
My inspiration were the typical things that are used to make my country recognizable for foreign people, the images that are used on postcards or you can see in souvenir shops. So I made my own water decals of those things.

My country is well known for their cheese so I have a piece of cheese on my pinkie. On my ring finger I have a farmer girl in traditinal clothing on wooden shoes holding a mill. A lot of foreign people think that everyone in my country walks on wooden shoes (clogs) but it is just a part of the old fashioned traditional clothing, of course there are still people who walk on wooden shoes, but that is mostly in the country life. My country is also famous for their tulips, so I have wooden shoes and a red tulip on my middle finger. On my index finger I have a mill, that is also something that can't be missing. My thumb has a black and white cow on it. You can identify my country by these five things, they all have a connection. You often see them together on photo's or postcards. Then you see a scenery of tulips with cows, mills and farmer people on wooden shoes. And the milk from the cows is used to make cheese.

On the tip of my nails I've stamped the colors of my coutry's flag. Konad SN blue, red and M44. The base is OPI Alpine Snow with a layer of P2 Divine.

So this is my way to show you my country ;)

Can you tell by looking only at my nails that I'm from Holland?

13 opmerkingen:

  1. u forgot the tulips:P i love them :) very nice :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. @ Diana..thank you, there is a red tulip in the wooden shoes on my middle finger ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. this is too pretty!!! <3

    Nice to meet you!! =D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. haha heel erg mooi!!
    en je kan zeker zien dat je uit nl komt!!
    mooie crea!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Gorgeous! I once tried to do a nail pattern using my country's flag, but I failed miserably. Yours is so pretty though!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Amazing and adorable. How does one make their own water decals?!?!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. @ April
    http://dutch-diana.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-make-you-own-water-decals.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I'm sorry someone hurt your feelings. I think your nails are very cute and appropriate. I know it's easy to say, but I think you have every reason to be proud of your entry. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen